Sombreros Aray is the brand with which we market genuine toquilla straw hats, known worldwide as Panama Hat.
We have several models, colors and sizes, we will continue to expand our offer.
Genuine Panama Hat, Handwoven in Ecuador
This is a genuine lightweight Panama Hat suitable for any occasion. Wrongly named “Panama Hat” the “Jipijapa Hat” is an original product from Montecristi, Manabi Province in Ecuador (South America), where skillful craftsmen (and women) have been manufacturing them for centuries using toquilla straw (Carludovica Palmata). The art of weaving the traditional Ecuadorian toquilla hat was added to the UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage List on December 6 of 2012.
- Imported; Made in Ecuador
- Genuine Panama Hat handwoven in Montecristi, a centuries-old tradition, the correct name is Paja Toquilla hat or Jipijapa hat. The name “Panama Hat” comes from the days of the construction of the Panama Canal where they were acquired by Americans without knowing that their real origin was the Republic of Ecuador, South America. It is known that President Theodore Roosevelt used to wear these hats. Today they are great for any occasion, as outdoor activities, on the beach or fashion accessory.
- Dimensions: 13 to 13.7 inches hat length (33 to 35 cm), 4.3 to 4.7 inches hat height (11 to 12 cm), 2.5 to 3.14 inches brim length (6.5 to 8 cm). You should know that because it is an artisanal product, the measurements and color may have slight variations.
- Weight: 80 grams approximately, it is lightweight so it is comfortable to use.
- BEFORE ORDERING: It is very important that you select the right size hat, please measure the circumference of your head with a measuring tape to choice the correct size. Please see the size chart in the photo section.
- This is a true “Panama Hat”, manufactured by hand, a task that takes several weeks since the straw is harvested, which must be treated and then woven, strand by strand.
|White||Natural||White Optimo||Santa Elena
|56 cm||X-Small||7||6 7/8|
|57 cm||Small||7 1/8||7|
|58 cm||Medium||7 1/4||7 1/8|
|59 cm||Large||7 3/8||7 1/4|
|60 cm||X-Large||7 1/2||7 3/8|
|61 cm||2X-Large||7 5/8||7 1/2|
|62 cm||3X-Large||7 3/4||7 5/8|
|63 cm||4X-Large||8||7 3/4|
|64 cm||5X-Large||8 1/8||7 7/8|